eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 65% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Wall Street on track for the worst December since 1931
Wall Street registered another day in the red amid looming concerns of a possible rate hike. The SPX500 dropped 2.5% to a new yearly low, DJ30 shed another 2% and the NSDQ100 is down by 1.9%.
2551.33 2.1 (0.08%)
23664.53 30.75 (0.13%)
Today’s highlights: Crypto markets correct losses, Healthcare sector in trouble
- A bull run or a bull trap? Cryptocurrencies registered a healthy double-digit correction, with EOS leading the march (+25.5%). Bitcoin, the largest crypto by market cap, and often considered the bellwether of the industry shot up over 10%, from $3200 levels to $3500, even testing resistance $3600. XRP soared over 18%, and Ethereum went up by 12%.
- Unhealthy: US healthcare sector had a particularly negative trading session, following a ruling by a Taxes judge that the Affordable Care Act is in fact, unconstitutional. Leading healthcare stocks that dropped on opening bell: Tenet Healthcare Corp (-6.79%), Aurora (-5.48%) and Akorn (-7.01%).
- The spill continues: Crude oil sees another negative trading day, as it registered a 0.8% loss, dropping below $50 for the first time this year.
- NATGAS fills the vacuum: With oil continues to decline, NATGAS prices continue to show green figures – up another 2.2% from yesterday’s trading session.
- Not enough shopping? Online retail sector took a massive blow as news of poor November sales figures took their toll on stock prices. Overstock is down 21%, Alibaba also down by 3.37% and Etsy shed 5.83%.
- Asian markets open lower: China50, HKG50 and JPN225 started their trading sessions in the red zone, following the negative performance on Wall Street.
0.3335 0.0146 (4.58%)
49.3 -0.14 (-0.28%)
3.53 0.035 (1%)
Stocks earnings releases on 18/12/2018
MUMicron Technology, Inc.
Stocks earnings releases on 19/12/2018
Earnings season coming to a close: The last round of earnings report will be released over the next few weeks towards the end of the year. To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.