Bitcoin Cash continues to soar, rising 21%
Following two days of impressive gains, the cryptocurrency market was mixed over the past 24 hours, as 5 top 10 cryptos continued to climb, while the other 5 registered losses. Bitcoin Cash continued to be the clear leader, up around 21% at the time of writing. Bitcoin also remained higher, keeping above the $5,000 mark.
Today’s highlights: Crypto trading volume hits new all-time high
- Crypto trading volume at all-time high: The massive bull run seen in crypto markets over the past few days pushed markets to a new record, as trading volumes hit $83 billion over the past 24 hours, smashing the previous record of around $70 billion, recorded in January of last year.
- The results are in: We asked you on Twitter what you think is the reason behind the recent surge in crypto prices. Check out the poll results here.
- Trade deal hopes lift Wall Street: Following several reports that the US and China are close to a deal that will end the trade war, Wall Street finished higher yesterday, as the DJ30, SPX500 and NSDQ100 all registered gains. The tech sector continued to show gains, as AMD leaped more than 8%. President Trump is meeting with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He today – a meeting that might further the deal.
- Renewable Energy now accounts for a third of global production: A recent report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) reveals that, as of 2019, around 33% of global energy comes from renewable energy sources. On eToro, investors could gain exposure to this growing market through the recently-launched RenewableEnergy CopyPortfolio.
- CryptoPortfolio is up more than 40% for the year: The cryptocurrency market has showed steady price increases over the past two months. These gains are reflected by the eToro CryptoPortfolio, a thematic investment strategy focusing on top cryptocurrencies, which is already up around 44% for the year.
To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
The post eToro Daily Update
04/04/2019 appeared first on eToro.